Most of German universities have their programmes offered in German languages, however, there are also a lot of international programmes offered in English language only or with a combination with a German and other languages.
If you need to prove your German language proficiency, then the accepted forms are:
- Test of German as a Foreign Language (TestDaF),
- Goethe Institut German Language Diploma (GDS),
- German Language Diploma of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs, Level II (DSD)
Substitute accepted forms to proof the German language proficiency are:
- Abitur of German language programme,
- The Goethe-Zertifikat C2: Major German Language Certificate, or
- Former certificates of Goethe Institute
- Minor or Major German Language Certificate
- Central Advanced Language Test
- German Language Diploma (Level 11), issued by the German Standing Conference of Ministers of Education and Culture
While if you have to prove the English language proficiency, the followings are the accepted forms:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) Test Results – The accepted results are: PbT (paper-based test) 550 Points, CbT (computer-based test) 213 Points and IbT (internet-based test) 79-80 Points.
- IELTS (The International English Language Testing System) Test Results – this is another accepted form of proving the English Language proficiency, where the required points by German universities are 5 – 6.5 Score.
- Other forms – if you want to prove your English language proficiency in other forms, the accepted level according to the European Language Passport must be B1/B2 –intermediate.