Here is a list of public (National and Regional) holidays in Germany for 2016.
- January 1: New Year’s Day (Neujahrstag) (N).
- January 6: Epiphany (Heilige Drei Könige) (R) – Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Saxony-Anhalt.
- March 25: Good Friday (Karfreitag) (N).
- March 28: Easter Monday (Ostermontag) (N).
- May 1: Labour Day (Maifeiertag) (N).
- May 5: Ascension Day (Christi Himmelfahrt) (N) (40 days after Easter).
- May 16: Whit Monday (Pfingstmontag) (N) (also known as Pentecost Monday).
- May 26: Corpus Christi (Fronleichnam) (R) – Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland, and some local authorities in Saxony and Thuringia.
- August 8: Peace Festival (R) – Bavaria.
- August 15: Assumption Day (Maria Himmelfahrt) (R) – Saarland and some local authorities in Bavaria.
- October 3: Day of German Unity (Tag der Deutschen Einheit) (N).
- October 31: Reformation Day (Reformationstag) (R) – Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and parts of Thuringia.
- November 1: All Saints’ Day (Allerheiligen) (R) – Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland and parts of Thuringia.
- November 16: Day of Prayer and Repentance (Buß- und Bettag) (R) – Saxony.
- December 25: Christmas Day (Weihnachtstag) (N).
- December 26: Boxing Day/St. Stephen’s Day (Stephanstag) (N).
(N) = National
(R) = Regional