Are you a highly-qualified postdoctoral researcher? Could you well imagine spending a period of time researching in Germany? But perhaps you would also like to spend some time abroad? Then apply for a place on the “Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience” (P.R.I.M.E) programme. Co-funded by the European Union’s Marie Curie programme, this German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) programme enables young researchers to combine a period of research abroad with a research phase in Germany. What is special about this programme is that it offers real jobs rather than scholarships.
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- Applications are invited from highly-qualified postdoctoral researchers of all nationalities and disciplines.
- The PhD must be completed before the start of the funding period.
- Applicants are free to choose the country in which to spend their research phase abroad. However, the applicant must not have spent more than twelve months there in total in the last three years.
- Appropriate host institutions in Germany and abroad must have been identified at the time of application.
- The German host university must confirm that it is willing in the event of funding being granted to employ the postdoctoral researcher for the entire duration of the funding period. The DAAD will provide the university with the necessary funding.
What form does funding take?
- Funding is provided for a period of 18 months.
- Twelve months are spent abroad.
- The postdoctoral researchers spend six months researching in Germany.
- In addition to the basic salary and expatriate allowance, funding will include a lump sum travel allowance for the selected candidate and accompanying spouse/partner and children.
- Successful applicants will be invited to an induction seminar before the start of the funding period.
When is the closing date for applications?
The closing date for applications is 1 February 2016. The funding period begins on 1 September 2016.
Information for applicants: www.daad.de/prime/en