Here is a list of public (National and Regional) holidays in Germany for 2017.
- January 1: New Year’s Day (Neujahrstag) (N).
- January 6: Epiphany (Heilige Drei Könige) (R) – Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Saxony-Anhalt.
- February 27: Fasching (Fastnacht). Not a Public Holiday
- April 14: Good Friday (Karfreitag) (N).
- April 17: Easter Monday (Ostermontag) (N).
- May 1: Labour Day (Maifeiertag) (N).
- May 14: Mother’s Day (Muttertag). Not a Public Holiday
- May 25: Ascension Day (Christi Himmelfahrt) (N) (40 days after Easter).
- June 5: Whit Monday (Pfingstmontag) (N) (also known as Pentecost Monday).
- June 15: Corpus Christi (Fronleichnam) (R) – Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland, and some local authorities in Saxony and Thuringia.
- August 8: Peace Festival (R) – Bavaria.
- August 15: Assumption Day (Maria Himmelfahrt) (R) – Saarland and some local authorities in Bavaria.
- October 3: Day of German Unity (Tag der Deutschen Einheit) (N).
- October 31: Reformation Day (Reformationstag) (R) – Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and parts of Thuringia.
- November 1: All Saints’ Day (Allerheiligen) (R) – Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland and parts of Thuringia.
- November 22: Day of Prayer and Repentance (Buß- und Bettag) (R) – Saxony.
- December 25: Christmas Day (Weihnachtstag) (N).
- December 26: Boxing Day/St. Stephen’s Day (Stephanstag) (N).
(N) = National
(R) = Regional
Join 79,959 other students interested in studying in Germany and get regular emails sent to your inbox with helpful articles about studying in Germany, latest news and many scholarship and study abroad opportunities and offers...
Enter your personal email address below:
Your information is 100% safe and will not be shared with anyone else. You can unsubscribe with one click at any time.