Situated in the heart of the city, University of Augsburg is relatively new as an institution found only in the 1970 having in its advantage the perks of being modern, innovative and internationally recognized.
At approximately 19,000 students and an academic staff of about 1,200, it is still of a manageable size, yet it attracts students and scholars from far beyond its immediate catchment area. The University of Augsburg offers a wide range of academic programmes in arts, humanities, natural sciences, business and law.
The University of Augsburg is easily reachable by any means of transportation, preferably the public transportation of Augsburg which seems to be highly cost efficient for a student’s budget.
It features seven major departments:
- Faculty of Business Administration and Economics (founded 1970)
- Faculty of Law (founded 1971)
- Faculty of Theology (founded 1971)
- Faculty of Philosophy and Social Sciences (founded 1972)
- Faculty of Philology and History (founded 1972)
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (founded 1981) and
- Faculty of Applied Computer Science (founded 2003)
Augsburg University has been collaborating and holding on to close partnerships with several Universities in different countries like Croatia, US, Romania, Russia and South Africa. Also it is part of the ERASMUS exchange program enabling students from all part of the world to come and study in its premises.
Degree seeking international students willing to enroll in the University of Augsburg have to be aware of the admission deadlines as following:
- 15th January for the summer semester
- 15th July for the winter semester
Online application is possible from
- mid/end of May for the winter semester
- mid/end of November for the summer semester